6 days car rental - 6 nights in any hotels included on the list of hotels
The Fly&Drive package is an economy and flexible option to discover Cuba by your own. The package includes an economy category air conditioned car and an open hotel voucher. With the use of these you can travel through the country and stay in any of the 100+ hotels. All hotels offer breakfast to make sure you can start the next day with energy.
Excellent price, because the car rental is at discounted price and the package costs the same for 1 or 2 persons, while the offer includes a car and a hotel room. In case you have larger company, you can book extra hotel room and you can use one car and two hotel rooms for up to 4 persons. The basic package is freely extendable with extra nights.
Flexible, because with the open voucher you can stay in the 100+ hotels on the list without previous reservation according to capacity. You should only inform the hotel in the morning about your arrival. Cubatur offices help you in the capacity check for no charge!
In this case you don’t have to pre-reserve the accommodation, you can think only one day ahead. If you would like to stay in higher category hotels other than the 2/3/4* hotels on the list, you book and can pay the surcharge at any Cubatur office. There is no problem if you don’t reach the hotel, as the voucher is open, usable in any other hotels where there is capacity.
Tip: we suggest to book only accommodation and transfer in Havana (we can book it for you, please indicate upon reservation) and start the Fly & Drive package only after your Havana stay!
Extra rooms are available upon request, please indicate upon reservation!
6 days / 6 nights
- Breakfast (CP)
No transfer is included in price
CUBA WORLD HERITAGE TOUR
Day 1: Arrival to Havana. We suggest booking an extra night in Havana, although car rental is not needed in the city. Day 2: Free time in Havana, city tour. Day 3: Car pick-up in the morning, Fly & Drive package begins. Havana – Viñales (160 km). Day 4: Viñales – Cayo Las Brujas (460 km). Day 5: Free time for beach at Cayo Las Brujas. Day 6: Cayo Las Brujas – Camagüey (270 km). Day 7: Camagüey – Trinidad (270 km). Day 8: Trinidad – Cienfuegos (90 km). Day 9: Cienfuegos – Havana (190 km) or Varadero (170 km). Car drop-off, end of Fly & Drive. We suggest booking a hotel in Varadero and spending some relaxing nights in the comfort of an All-inclusive property.
CUBA, CENTRAL-ORIENTAL REGIONS
Day 1: Arrival to Havana. We suggest booking an extra night in Havana, although car rental is not needed in the city. Day 2: Free time in Havana, city tour. Day 3: Car pick-up in the morning, Fly & Drive package begins. Havana – Cienfuegos (170 km). Day 4: Cienfuegos – Sancti Spiritus (180 km). Day 5: Sancti Spiritus – Camagüey (240 km). Day 6: Camagüey – Santiago de Cuba (330 km). Day 7: Santiago de Cuba - Holguin (200 km). Day 8: Holguin – Santa Clara (470 km). Day 9: Santa Clara – Havana (260 km) or Varadero (230 km). Car drop-off, end of Fly&Drive. We suggest booking a hotel in Varadero and spending some relaxing nights in the comfort of an All-inclusive property.
CUBA “ORIENTE” (EASTERN CUBA)
Day 1: Arrival to Havana. We suggest booking an extra night in Havana, although car rental is not needed in the city. Day 2: Free time in Havana, city tour. Day 3 Car pick-up in the morning, Fly & Drive package begins. Havana – Camagüey (540 km). Day 4: Camagüey – Santiago de Cuba (330 km). Day 5: Santiago de Cuba city tour, free time. Day 6: Santiago de Cuba - Baracoa (260 km). Day 7: Baracoa - Holguin (200 km). Day 8: Holguin – Trinidad (470 km). Day 9: Trinidad – Havana (300 km) or Varadero (280 km). ). Car drop-off, end of Fly&Drive. We suggest booking a hotel in Trinidad or Varadero and spending some relaxing nights in the comfort of an All-inclusive property.
CUBA DIVING & BEACH TOUR
Day 1: Arrival to Havana. We suggest booking an extra night in Havana, although car rental is not needed in the city. Day 2: Free time in Havana, city tour. Day 3: Car pick-up in the morning, Fly & Drive package begins. Havana – Pinar del Rio (180 km). Day 4: Pinar del Rio – Maria la Gorda (180 km). Day 5: Maria la Gorda free time, diving Day 6: Maria la Gorda – Cayo Levisa (280 km). Day 7: Cayo Levisa free time. Day 8: Cayo Levisa – Bay of Pigs, Zapata Peninsula (260 km). Day 9: Bay of Pigs – Havana (180 km) or Varadero (170 km). ). Car drop-off, end of Fly&Drive. We suggest booking a hotel in Varadero and spending some relaxing nights in the comfort of an All-inclusive property
CENTRAL CUBA HIGHLIGHTS
Day 1: Arrival to Havana. We suggest booking an extra night in Havana, although there is no need for car rental the city. Day 2: Free time in Havana, city tour. Day 3: Car pick-up in the morning, Fly & Drive package begins. Havana – Viñales (160 km). Day 4: Viñales free time. Day 5: Viñales – Cienfuegos (300 km). Day 6: Cienfuegos – Trinidad (90 km). Day 7: Trinidad free time. Day 8: Trinidad – Escambray mountains, Topes del Collantes (60 km). Day 9: Topes del Collantes – Havana (330 km) or Varadero (300 km). Car drop-off, end of Fly & Drive. We suggest booking a hotel in Trinidad and spending some relaxing nights in the comfort of an All-inclusive property.
- Hotels according to local standards
- Rental car with unlimited mileage for 6 days with insurance included
- Travel insurance
- Cuban tourist card
- Excursions not included in the description
- Tips and other credentials
- Costs of other services not included in the description
- Meals and drinks not included in the description
The Fly & Drive package is offered by the Cuban state travel agency, CUBATUR and state car rental company, CUBACAR. Upon booking the package, travelers directly get in touch with the Cuban state agencies, therefore, in case of any problems or disagreements, travelers must communicate with CUBATUR using their contact numbers or by attending any CUBATUR office nationwide. Any operational issue regarding the Fly & Drive package is CUBATUR’s responsibility. Our agency is only involved in the process of booking the package. The car rental offer only includes renting the car; it does not comprise the other payable costs upon rental in Cuba. Although our agency gives information about the local payable costs and provides the list of Fly & Drive hotels, the organizers preserve the right to change them without previous notice. Our information is for information purposes only. Our agency does not take responsibility for changes made between the publication of the offers and the use of services. Clients will receive exact information about the local payable costs upon signing the rental agreement with the representative of the car rental agency. Our agency and our partners, do not take responsibility for any lost documents that may affect car rental or hotel accommodation. We do not make ourselves responsible for any losses from clients breaching contracts.
Description of services:
The CUBATUR representative will meet clients at the airport or after arrival, in the hotel, and will give them the vouchers which are needed for the program. After this, clients will be able to rent the vehicle. We strongly suggest that clients buy a Cuban Road Map at the airport that indicates roads, gas stations, and other important points of reference. The representative will help clients draft the contract and provide them with useful information. In case any problem arises during the Fly & Drive program, clients must contact CUBATUR offices (by phone or personally), since these offices alone are responsible for the program’s details.
Use of accommodation:
Fly & Drive package can be booked with open voucher and with pre-booked fixed stay, too!
In case of open voucher, the use of accommodation depends on availability. In case there is no availability, the receptionist will help clients search for an available hotel nearby. Upon arrival, clients must check in at the reception with the voucher that was given to them. To ensure availability we strongly suggest clients call the hotel they will stay in the next day beforehand, to check availability and confirm their arrival the next day. This procedure can be done from CUBATUR offices free of charge. During high season (15. Dec – 30. Apr. and 15. June - 31. August) we recommend a fixed booking to guarantee the desired accommodation. This can be done while booking the Fly & Drive package. In case of fixed reservation, the voucher is only valid for the hotel booked, in the case it is not used, there won’t be any refunds. These vouchers cannot be used for other hotels or other dates. For unused vouchers there is no refund!
- The package includes Economy/Medium/Medium-High/Standard-Plus/Premium/Family category car
- Car models for categories (subject to change): Economy: Geely CK / Medium: Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio / Medium High: Emgrand / Standard-Plus: Renault Fluence / Premium: Audi A4, VW Passat / Family: Hyundai H1.
- Insurance is included at Economy category only. In all the other categories insurance is excluded from price and can be paid on site.
- Car category can be booked; no specific car model is available.
- Car can be driven only by the person stated in the contract.
- Additional drivers can be registered by paying 3 CUC/day/person upon rental
- Drivers must be at least 21 years old.
- Necessary documents for rental: passport, driving license.
- Upon Drop-off, the state of the car should be the same as when it was rented.
- Putting in the appropriate amount of gasoline is the client’s responsibility. Cars can only be filled up to 94 octanes of “Gasolina Especial”.
- Locally paid costs: Deposit (according to category cca. 250-500 CUC, that will be refunded at the end of the rental), first tank of gas (according to category cca. 50- 80 CUC/tank), automatic surcharge (cca. 10CUC/day), drop-off fee (see below).
- Medium cars in Cuba are usually automatic cars, so in case of Medium car rental, please prepare for automatic surcharge.
- Car pick-up available only in Havana, at the airport, or at the rental offices of Cubacar in Havana.
- Havana airport pick-up/drop-off is subjected to a surcharge of 20 CUC. Airport pick-up can be connected to arriving flight (flight arrival + 1 hour).
- Drop-off can be done in any CUBACAR office nationwide.
- In case of drop off-location is different than the pick-up location (not in Havana), drop-off fee will be charged. Drop-off location should be stated in the contract upon rental.
- Pick-up and Drop-off date and time is necessary upon reservation.
- Fly&Drive rental period is 24 hours. Cars should drop off at the same time of the pick-up hour or before, otherwise an extra day will be charged.
- Car model cannot be booked. In case of pick-up only automatic car is available; in that case automatic surcharge should be paid.
- Children 0-12 years can participate in this program for free in case of sharing a room with 2 parents. Maximum capacity is 2 children per room!
Drop off prices:
Matanzas (Varadero) 15 CUC Camagüey 55 CUC Guantánamo 100 CUC
Cienfuegos 29 CUC Las Tunas 70 CUC Baracoa 110 CUC
Villa Clara 31 CUC Holguín 75 CUC
Sancti Spiritus 40 CUC Guardalavaca 83 CUC
Ciego de Ávila 46 CUC Granma 75 CUC
Cayo Coco & Cayo Guillermo 50 CUC Santiago de Cuba 90 CUC
Havana airport pick-up / drop-off: 20 CUC
Drop-off in Havana city: free of charge.
In case drop-off location is different than the one stated in the contract, double drop-off fee will be charged!
Locally payable costs are just for information purposes, they may all change!